One-on-One Business Sessions
One-on-One Business Sessions are face-to-face meetings that are invaluable in forging alliances between Veteran-Owned and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses and government agencies, prime contractors, and large or medium size businesses .
- Market your business
- Network with Buyers from Government Agencies, Large and Prime Contractors
- Expand your business contracting opportunities
Each One-on-One Session may open up endless business and networking opportunities by providing small business owners with one-on-one exposure to potential procurement officials and opportunities.
One-on-One Sessions will take place on Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm.
Access to the One-on-One Business Sessions is included in the conference registration fee. Hence, One-on-One participants must be registered for the VETS2018 which requires a registration fee. One-on-One Business Sessions will take place on Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm.
Buyers will host seven 15-minute sessions to engage VOSB/SDVOSBs in discussions related to contracting opportunities. A Supplier may request up to three sessions with Buyers operating in a relevant product/service category. All paid conference registrants who request participation will receive an email notification of when sign up will begin.
Suppliers may request sessions on/after May 8, 2018.
Appointment requests for the One-on-One Business Sessions fill up early. Be sure to request sessions with your Buyers as soon as you receive email notification that sign-up has begun.
Please find below the list of product/service categories for which Buyers may be available during the One-on-One Business Sessions:
How do I prepare for my One-on-One Business Sessions before arriving onsite?
- A few weeks before the conference, you will receive an email informing that Suppliers may now request One-on-One Business Sessions.
- One-on-One Business Sessions are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Do your homework! Research the agencies and primes, visit their websites. Only target agencies that may have a need for your product or service. If the Buyer has informed us what items/services they are looking to contract, we will list them on the One-on-One Business Sessions selection menu.
- If you provide an item/service that the Buyer does not buy, do not request a meeting. Don’t waste your time or the Buyer’s time. Most likely, your request for a meeting will be declined.
- Bring a capability statement (one page is plenty). Highlight your company’s qualifications and unique products or services. Emphasize your niche. Show a track record of outstanding service. Make sure you list any certifications, e.g., 8(a), HUBZone, etc.
How do I prepare for my One-on-One Business Session when on-site?
- Be on time and dress appropriately.
- Don’t come unprepared! Write down any questions you have after doing your homework.
- Bring the right person that can answer any questions the procurement officer may have.
- Each meeting will be 15 minutes. Sell yourself! Present your business card. A brochure will work as well. Spend the first few minutes introducing your company overview. Include any certifications. Spend a few minutes describing your products and services and your unique niches. Spend a few minutes on your track record and successes. The rest of the meeting can be spent on interacting with the buyer to find out about opportunities, what the next step is and how you plan to follow up.”
What do I do after my One-on-One Business Session and the event is over?
- Have an advance plan for following up and then do it.
- Be proactive. The agency or prime contractor will not come knocking on your door. No matter how many T’s you have crossed and I’s you have dotted, you won’t have a chance of getting a contract if you don’t build a relationship. Make the connection with the right person. Remind them of who you are, your track record, solutions you have to problems they have, the prices you charge, etc.
- Be patient and persistent.
VETS Connect FAQ
- What are One-on-One Business Sessions?
One-on-One Business Sessions are face to face meetings that are invaluable in forging alliances between small businesses (“Suppliers) and government agencies, prime contractors, and large or medium size businesses (”Buyers"). Each one-on-one session may open up endless business opportunities by providing small business owners with one-on-one exposure to potential procurement officials.
- Who can participate in the One-on-One Business Sessions?
Anyone registered for the event may participate in the One-on-One Business Sessions.
- What sort of Buyers might attend?
Buyers are government representatives, large businesses, research institutions, prime contractors, or other small businesses.
- What day of the conference are the One-on-One Business Sessions?
The One-on-One Sessions will take place on Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 2:30 - 5:00 pm.
- How long is each session?
Buyers will host three (7) 15-minute sessions.
- How many sessions may I sign up for?
A Supplier may request up to 3 sessions with Buyers in a relevant category.
- When can I sign up?
Suppliers may request meetings starting on May 8, 2018. All paid conference registrants that identified themselves as a Supplier during the registration will receive an email notification prior to that date to let them know when sign up will begin.
- How do I check my One-on-One Business Session schedule?
After One-on-One Business Session sign-up has begun, please log into your Attendee Profile with the email and password you used to register to view your One-on-One Business Sessions schedule.
- When does Supplier sign up close?
Supplier sign up does not close until the day of the One-on-One Business Sessions. However, appointments for the One-on-One Business Sessions fill up early. Be sure to schedule with your Buyers as soon as you receive email notification that the sign up has begun.